Ordinary business visa is issued to the citizens of Italy, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation for business purposes (seminars, conferences, meetings with business partners, negotiations).
Visa could be obtained based on an invitation issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal affairs of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MFA) or based on a written request from an organization (relevant for business people and representatives of business organizations only).
It can be single- or double-entry valid for up to 90 days, or multiple-entry valid for up to 1 year (except if otherwise provided in an international agreement of the Russian Federation).
Please note! The period of stay in the Russian Federation with an ordinary multiple-entry business visa may not exceed 90 days for each 180 days period.
In order to apply for ordinary single-, double- or multiple-entry business visas, one must submit:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation, issued by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Internal affairs of the Russian Federation; or
- The Russian Federation Ministry of the Foreign Affairs decision to issue a visa; or
- A written request from a host organization or institution:
This document must be issued on an official letterhead with full details of a host organization, it also must contain the following information:
a). for an invitee: first name, last name, date of birth, gender, citizenship, number of an identification document, duration and purpose of travel, number of entries, itinerary, place of work and position;
b). for a host legal entity (company, organization): long title of a legal entity, its address, a taxpayer identification number, a registration number, a name and a position of a person who signed the request, company seal;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
(When choosing the location where you will be applying for your visa, it is necessary to indicate the Visa Center where you are planning to submit the documents).
- Colour photography according to the photo specifications. At the Russian visa center in Rome or Milan you may ask for the additional service “Express Photo”;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Medical insurance policy must contain:
- contract date;
- policy number;
- first name, last name and father’s name of a policy holder;
- details of the insurer;
- a policy must be valid during the whole stay in the Russian Federation in case of single- or multiple-entry visa for period up to 90 days;
- list of medical and medical transportation services including repatriation of remains;
- coverage territory – the whole world or the Russian Federation; Europe, including Russia;
- signature of the insurer.
Insurance policies, letters of confirmation from insurance organizations not containing the above-mentioned information, set forms with stamps of the insurance companies and other insurance documents not fulfilling the indicated requirements are not considered.
- Power of Attorney (in case of submitting documents/collecting passport with ready visa by a third party);
- If you are not a citizen of Italy, you must also submit: a. A permit for a continuous stay in Italy for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Georgia, Haiti, Ireland, Japan, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Italy, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
b. Italy Permanent Resident Card (Permesso di soggiorno per soggiornanti di lungo periodo) for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
Fees and Processing Time
For the citizens of Italy and the European Union
Before applying, we strongly recommend that you clearly understand the purpose of the trip.
Please note that the Visa Application Centre can help you throughout the visa application process but cannot advise choosing a visa category. The decision to issue or refuse the visa is the exclusive prerogative of the Diplomatic Missions of the Russian Federation in Italy.
Our service packages at the Visa Application Centre include the following:
- Review the documents in accordance with requirements, visa category, insurance, invitation and other necessary additional documents, depending on the purpose of the trip.
- Fill out / check the submission form.
- Photo service as per visa requirements. (*this service is available in Rome and Milan only).
- Assessment of visa processing times and the size of consular fees.
- Submission of your documents to the consulate.
- Passport/visa collection from the consulate.
- Courier delivery.
* The standard and express package fees are charged in addition to the consular fee provided below.
**Additional services outside the package are paid separately.
Single-, double- and multiple-entry visa
4-10 business days
1-3 business days
Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a citizen of Italy or the European Union, please specify the fee charged for your visa by contacting an operator of a call-centre.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
Please note! Before submitting the documents for a transfer or restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding a procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.